Saturday, April 7, 2012

Hero... or Superhero

As I stated in my first post, of the article  The Project Manager, a hero in Project Management
Posted by Marian Woods on March 22, 2012 at 12:57pm 
Project Managers  , Marian's article was the inspiration for this blog. I will be writing about and collecting stories about project managers and their projects. And, yes, some of them will be heroes.

After adding Marian's article to my blog, I re-posted it in some project management discussion groups on LinkedIn. The result was some quite lively discussions about the concept of the project manager as a hero. In a way, I think the discussions got off track a little from the intent of the original article. At least, in my opinion.

The main message that I took away from Marian's article was the importance of six basic skills in effective project management. Those are:

  1. Communication
  2. Team building
  3. Problem solving
  4. Leadership
  5. Commitment
  6. Organization

No comments:

Post a Comment